We see it more and more. Founder-Based and women-owned businesses spearhead our own company-- not just with strategies and bottom line, but leading by example as the face, heart and soul of our brand. Our personal experiences, stories and heartfelt messages splashed on the home page. This is not just a little trend either – we are striking a chord with consumers because of the high quality and performance of the products.
I have learned, through my deep dive into the skin care world’s greatest brands and newcomers, with countless hours and cups of coffee researching, studying and investigating, what goes into making the absolutely best products – and let me tell you, founder-based companies are where it’s at.
- We will not compromise the quality and integrity of our products– we don’t spend the big dollars on slick advertising. Our missions are personal and not based on the bottom line. We focus our time and money on the quality of our ingredients, product performance, and making sure we deliver promised results.
- We are personally invested – it’s our story, our cause, it matters to us. We have been involved in every step of the process and are on a mission, driven to make a real difference. We craft our products to solve problems and deliver trustworthy skincare products. We have had skin care problems, that we could not find the solutions to using existing products in the marketplace, so we created our own. We genuinely care – our company is a passion project.
- Humanized customer service – Every customer is a person. Not a dollar sign. We value close connections with our customers. We respond to their needs, likes, dislikes, what works and what doesn’t. It brings joy to our hearts when customers respond to the product they have created. We make great efforts to ensure every customer is satisfied and keep our finger on the pulse of what is wanted and needed in the market. We bend over backwards to keep customers happy and loyal. We know the value and power of word of mouth – because that’s how many of us started.
- Integrity – there is a saying ‘high volume hides mortal sins’. Smaller companies can’t hide behind the curtains of large budget blitz marketing campaigns, paid celebrity endorsements and mass production. We will not tolerate shortcuts, fillers, or cheap ingredients. Many, if not most large companies with fancy names, resort to cheap and even toxic ingredients to make formulating easier and increase profit margins.
- Our money and reputation is at stake – we invest more than our time. We pour integrity, our personal reputation, and oftentimes every last cent we have into making products that work. We believe in what we’re doing – we are personally and financially invested.
The next time you go to buy a new product to elevate your skincare routine – choose a founder-based company, you won’t be disappointed.