While under eye treatment is always important now that we all are wearing masks, targeted effective treatment of the delicate skins under and around our eyes should be front and center in your skincare ritual. Here are facts, tips and tricks to brighten, tighten and keep your eyes shining!
FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
The skin around the eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue. Squinting and constant movement of the eyes also create the appearance of lines and wrinkles. In addition sun damage causes your skin to make less collagen as you age. Collagen helps maintain skin's elasticity.
While fine lines and wrinkles ...“Crows feet” are unavoidable as we age there are some easy tricks to slowing down and reducing their appearance. Whether you are indoors or out ALWAYS wear sunscreen. Too much sun speeds up the aging process resulting in delicate skin and fine lines and wrinkles. Choose mineral based sunscreen without parabens or fragrance. Constantly hydrate (drink water!) because when you properly hydrated your sin overall will plump up and reduce to appearance of fine lines an wrinkles. I like to add electrolytes into my water for more efficient and long-lasting hydration. These are easy fixes that go a long way to slowing down the aging process and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Those pesky puffy eyes! Puffiness is a buildup of fluid and blood under the eyes.
Fluid is more likely to get trapped in your lower eyelid. The thin skin under your eyes allows fluid retention to be very prominent, resulting in puffy eyes. In addition. lack of sleep, too much alcohol and lack of hydration all contribute to puffiness around they eyes.
My at home no brainer tips for reduction of puffiness are keeping my eye cream in the refrigerator and my jade roller in the freezer. Coldness and massage are proven to reduce puffiness. I apply my Eye Believe Dual Action Eye Treatment and gently massage with the small end of the jade roller. Then reapply my eye treatment. Pretty easy right? You won’t believe and probably be a bit turned off but a tried and true trick used by actors and models is application of Preparation H cream under the eyes overnight to constrict the blood vessels thus drastically reducing puffy eyes. Strange, a bit gross but an extremely effective trick. for special Do not use this trick daily, only for emergency and special occasions.!
Surprisingly dark circles are mostly hereditary (thanks mom and dad!). The other causes can be thin skin around the eyes or allergies. So what can you do?
Brighten, Brighten, brighten! Use products with ingredients such as Vitamin C esters, Tetrahexadecyl ascorbate and Resveratrol- all powerful skin brightening agents that add both glow and luminosity. What also works on dark circles? Getting eight hours of sleep, cutting back on certain foods like salt, sugar, alcohol, and gluten, and adding green tea and green juice to your diet.
-Powerhouse ingredients to look for when choosing an Eye Treatment-
Ingredients to look for to immediately plump up the skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles are:
- Stabilized Vitamin C Esters instantly and continuously brighten without evaporating like destabilized liquid vitamin C.
- Liquid Oxygen quickly immediately penetrates surface skin to oxygenate all cells while neutralizing carbon dioxide. What does that mean? Immediate reduction of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and optimization of cellular renewal. A powerhouse for immediate and long-term results.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a superpower moisturizer; it helps to plump up skin to reduce appearance of wrinkles. Allowing skin to hold nearly 50 times its regular amount of moisture HA allows for all day hydration of the skin.
- Peptides moisturize and help prevent water loss in the skin and improve elasticity.
- Tetrahexadecyl Ascorbate and Resveratrol are two powerful skin brightening ingredients that add both glow and luminosity.
- If all else fails and your caught without your eye treatment use Arnica! It stimulates blood circulation which not only helps reduce undereye bags it also helps reduce the appearance of dark circles.
Be safe, feel confident, and let your eyes do the talking!